We’ve put together some amazing trip itineraries to help you enjoy your time in the Whitsundays and Airlie Beach – we live here and love our area and want to share our knowledge with you. Whether you are travelling solo, with your family or as part of a small group, we have the perfect travel plan for you!
- Choose between a full day sail/cruise including either more beach time or more snorkelling time
- On return, check out the Airlie Beach Lagoon and nearby souvenir shops, grab a $10 jug of beer at Magnums or enjoy a cocktail at Sorrentos on Abel Point Marina (with amazing sea views)
- Have dinner at Little Vegas Burgers in the centre of Airlie
- See the iconic Heart Reef from above with a scenic flight or helicopter ride in the early morning. Back by around 10am and
- Head to the Fat Frog for awesome coffee and beach views, then either walk 700 metres or drive for free parking to ..
- Go fishing from the rocks at the Abel Point Marina, then drive 8km to enjoy a bushwalk at Shute Harbor (Coral Bay and the Beak, around 2.2km return)
- In the late afternoon, get a tan and chill out at Airlie Beach Lagoon; or come and feed the rainbow lorikeets here at Island Gateway at 4pm!
- Head up to ‘locals secret’, the Anchor Bar for amazing views, poolside bar and hot-tub, pool table and food
Still want more?
- Hire a bike from us or walk to Cannonvale Beach via the Bicentennial Boardwalk– 4.6km each way! Go via Port of Airlie Marina and grab a coffee or bite to eat, continue through the Airlie Beach foreshore then onto the Boardwalk, past Abel Point Marina (with more café’s and restaurants); Shingley Beach (Rainbow Bakery Café with fabulous views) through the Botanic Gardens to Cannonvale Beach. Too tired to walk back? Grab a bus from the bus stop on Shute Harbor Road behind the Fat Frog Café. Prefer to make it shorter? Drive to Cannonvale Beach, park near the Fat Frog and do the walk from that end as far as Abel Point Marina and back
- Head to Boathaven Beach (the locals call it new beach ) and enjoy a swim – it’s the best beach in town
- Drop in at Whitsunday Opals at 5pm for their free daily didgeridoo lesson
- On the way back to Island Gateway, drop in at Denmans Cellars at Port of Airlie Marina and choose from their selection of 300 beers and ciders
Finally, before you leave, grab a ‘3NQ Parks’ voucher on departure to get 15% off in our sister parks at Rollingstone and South Mission Beach