Family fun – here are our suggested trip itineraries for you to enjoy your stay in the Whitsundays and Airlie Beach with your family.
2 Day Family Fun Plan – full of family friendly activities, plus some chill out time for parents
- Full day sailing/cruise trip – we recommend one with a glass bottom boat for the kids/non-snorkellers!
- Arrive back at Island Gateway around 5/6pm – go for dinner at the Jubilee Tavern opposite or walk into town for a selection of cafes, restaurants and take-away options
- Drive out to Hydeaway Bay and Cape Gloucester (approx. 45 mins each way) for a swim by the beach and enjoy the sensational beaches! Snack/lunch at Cape Gloucester Eco-Resort
- Return via Airlie Beach Lagoon for a late afternoon swim and play at a choice of awesome playgrounds
- Make it back to Island Gateway in time to feed the rainbow lorikeets and ducks at 4pm; or watch from the nearby seating
- Hire a pedal buggy at Reception and have fun riding around the Park!
Adding an extra day? WHY NOT!
- Head out of town, stopping along the way at Cannonvale Beach for the excellent kids playgrounds (including an adventure playground with zip line for the older kids) and awesome coffee at the Fat Frog for the parents (or a range of treats for the kids); plus a walk or swim on the beach
- Continue out of town to Proserpine and take the kids to the new Water Park, right next to the local swimming pool. Check out ‘Color Me Crazy’ an incredible shop stuffed with a lot of things (may not be great for younger kids as there is just so much stuff that is attractive to touch…)
- On the way back in, stop at the Skate Bowl near Cannonvale Beach or drop in at Whitsunday Opals at 5pm for their free daily didgeridoo lesson
- Grab a 10% off voucher from Reception, then head over to the Jubilee Tavern for dinner – they have a great new kids play area outside which is fully visible from the dining area inside. Relax and have a drink – you earned it
Finally, before you leave, grab a ‘3NQ Parks’ voucher on departure to get 15% off in our sister parks at Rollingstone and South Mission Beach